A Chesterfield man, who says he's dying from leukemia, contacted 12 On Your Side because he needs a basic necessity: running water. He's been living without it for months and was desperate for help, but a day after our report aired, Stemmle Plumbing Repair was at...read more
Look at those Roots!! We were able to cut out, remove the roots and unstop this sewer pipe using our special hydraulic root cutter. "Was having some trouble with our septic system and asked Stemmle to come out and provide a second opinion on the issue,...read more
Why have your big water heater chuffing uselessly away all day when you’re out? And why should you waste large amounts of running water waiting for the hot water to work its way through the pipes? Alternatives are point-of-use and tankless water heaters. Tankless...read more
You don’t have to be an engineer to appreciate this story. A toothpaste factory had a problem: they sometimes shipped empty boxes, without the tube inside. This was due to the way the production line was set up, and people with experience in designing...read more
Did you know? If your car was used as often as your furnace and air conditioner, it would have traveled over 200,000 miles in a year. Impossible you say? Well, it's not. Your home heating and cooling system operates approximately 3,200 hours in a year. If you traveled...read more
Often, when it appears your water heater is completely shot, it is a simple, quick fix. If you have any doubt, don't trust just anyone. Call Stemmle Plumbing, we are here to help, and answer any questions you have. We have been doing this a long time and there is not...read more
Water Heater Services in Richmond
We can repair, replace or install any kind of water heater you need. Your water heater is the lifeblood of your Richmond home. Imagine living in your home, washing your hands, or showering every day with no hot water. Our expert plumbers can help you with your water heater troubles. No matter if you have a gas, propane, or electric water heater and no matter what brand, our plumbers can fix it or replace it quickly and professionally. We Repair and Install these Traditional Water Heaters:
- Natural Gas Water Heater Install
- Propane Gas Water Heaters Install
- Electric Water Heaters Install
- Powervent Water Heater Install
- Commercial Water Heater Installs
Water Heater Maintenance Is Important
Many Richmond homeowners don’t realize how important water heater maintenance is. Your water heater should be drained and cleaned out once a year. Minerals in the water build up and create sediment in the bottom of your tank. This sediment makes the water heat up slower and use more energy to keep the water in the tank warm. Not only will you have less hot water, your energy bills will be higher as well.
Why Install a Conventional Water Heater
Many homeowners ask us which kind of water heater to install – a traditional water heater with a large tank or tankless water heater. The answer is, it depends on what you want. Both deliver hot water, but each has specific advantages and disadvantages. Here are some the pros and cons of a conventional water heater:
- Cost – traditional tank style water heaters have a lower initial purchase price
- Power Outage – if there is an electrical power outage and you have a gas powered water heater, you will still have hot water
- Efficiency – tank style water heaters are less energy efficient than tankless water heaters
- Supply – once you use all of the available water stored in the tank, it takes time to heat more water
- Freshness – the water you use sits in a tank with corrosion and rust
- Space – the storage tank itself takes up much more floor space than a tankless water heater
- Leaks – the tank can leak
The bottom line is you have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of both styles and decide which one meets your needs. If you’re not sure, just give us a call and we’ll help you figure it out. You can also click for more information on tankless water heaters installations in Richmond. Either way, the professional plumbers at Stemmle Plumbing can handle your water heating needs.
Hiring a Plumber in Richmond
There are many issues that can occur when hiring a service technician to fix a problem in your home. First you must understand what to look for in a company before every calling and hiring them. This is why we have come up with a list not only when hiring a plumber in Richmond VA, but anywhere in the Nation.
- A plumber must have a plumbing license and be fully insured before he can start any work in your home. This is the most basic rule for every company who offers home services. If something is to happen when they are working on your plumbing, they will be insured to pay their customers to have another company fix the issue they caused.
- Get a bid from several different plumbers in your area that you can find online. Check out their website for previous work examples and make sure the company has plenty of work experience in the field before they head to your home.
- Check out reviews and ratings about previous customers with the company. This is overlooked by many unhappy customers who are in a rush to find a plumber. Don’t rush!! Make sure their previous customers are happy or you may be the next one adding poor reviews for their company.
- Always ask the service technician about guarantees and limitations. Almost all companies add something to the offer so they make as much money as possible. Find out those guarantees before having a plumber sell you on their service.
- Find a plumber who can offer a quote over the phone. This is a great sign that they have done the job before and know what they are getting into. Lots of new residential plumbers want to provide a quote only when they can see the issue. Then they charge you for simple coming over. They also will charge more when running into issues on the project and realize how much longer it will take. Make sure to ask about price increases before, during, and after the plumbing services has been completed.
- Finally, if you enjoyed the service and everything worked out as planned or even better leave them some feedback online so future customers will be able to find a great company. This is the best way to filter out companies who offer poor services that do no work, or have no customer concerns. There are many places to find plumbers online, one of the best we recommend to everyone is BestPlumbers.com.
Helping Every Animal Live
We want to send a big THANK YOU to Stemmle Plumbing Heating and Air, Inc. Our wildlife center construction has been on hold as we worked to locate a sponsor for our plumbing needs. Stemmle Plumbing has saved the day by sponsoring the professional services to perform the work. They are hard at work today! Our construction will be moving along rather quickly now. Be sure to head over to Stemmle’s Facebook page to thank them for saving the day and helping our community with the first Wildlife Medical Center in the Greater Richmond Region. Thank You Stemmle!
“Thank YOU Stemmle Plumbing for coming to the rescue yesterday. I had no idea what the problem was with the water backing up in the downstairs tub and overflowing in the toilet. I’ve never had to call on a repair service for plumbing in the 30 years I’ve been in my home. We found you in the phone book and you are forever the FIRST company I will call again should I need ANY repair work. From the moment I made the call, to watching you drive away after the job was done, you were so polite and it was like talking to a family member. Your staff was courteous, efficient and right on time. Your techs were super polite and we carried on a conversation like we had known one another for years smile emoticon and would not leave until everything was double-checked and ran properly. Again, thank you so much….from Ms. Harper, Manakin-Sabot, Va….”Doris H.
We repair and service these brands plus more: