In-Sink-Erator® is a company and brand name, known for producing instant hot water dispensers and waste disposal systems. The company was founded in Racine, Wisconsin by John W. Hammes, an architect. Hammes is credited with inventing the “in-sink” food waste disposal in 1927, which works by grinding and shredding solid food waste.
Eight years after Stemmle Plumbing was founded, InSinkErator was acquired in 1968.In-Sink-Erator® is now a division of Emerson Appliance Solutions, part of Emerson. InSinkErator is one of the strongest brands of the global technology and engineering company which serves industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
The name is a play on the word “incinerator” and refers to the fact that the mouth of the disposal unit, is located “in” the “sink”.
Just like it’s founding back in 1927, In-Sink-Erator® is still headquartered in Racine, Wisconsin.
In-Sink-Erator® garbage disposals and hot water dispensers is the choice of 9 out of 10 plumbing professionals. Why? Because of their commitment to quality, service, performance and reliability.
They believe that every product that bears their name must deliver a promise, an expectation, and a solution. A promise that their products will deliver the benefits advertised. An expectation that their products will consistently exceed customer expectations. A solution that will make your life in the kitchen more efficient, comfortable and relaxing.
You can be sure that every product that bears their name will promise and deliver legendary performance and superior reliability.
InSinkErator waste disposers remain the top selling models in the world. Stemmle Plumbing is proud to stock and recommend food waste disposer systems.
All food waste disposers provide their lucky owners with:
- A powerful motor. The Dura-Drive Induction Motor is heavy duty motor that is unique to the InSinkErator brnad. This top of the line motor is built by InSinkerator to exact specifications to provide every food waste disposer that they make with long life and unparalleled performance.
- Twist-on, twist-off installation. A unique quick lock sink mounting system is only found on InSinkErator food waste disposers and makes installation easy and quick, even if you are replacing an old disposer with an InSinkErator model.
Benefits of InSinkErator Evolution Excel Garbage Disposal
Like any of the disposals from his line, one of the things that they do well is the improvements that they have made as far as efficiency and sound is concerned. The Multi-Grind Technology has been heralded as some of the best in the industry, and with the InSinkErator Excel, you’re probably not going to see it implemented any better. The other models in this line have 2 different grinding stages, but in this one,there’s even one more. And in terms of sound, their improved Sound Seal technology takes it a step further than the 30 and 40% promise in reduced sound, InSinkErator claims that this one is capable of avery respectable 60%.
Garbage Disposal Features and Specs
- At least 60% quieter than most disposers
- Includes a jam sensor circuit to break up jams
- Powerful 1.0 HP Dura-Drive induction motor
- Quick lock sink mounts for easy installation
- 7 year in home warranty for parts and labor